The Apple iPhone 15 Pro has been plagued by reports of overheating since its launch. While the phone’s powerful A17 Pro chip is likely a major factor, analysts believe that Apple’s internal design changes, titanium body, and reduced heat dissipation area are also contributing to the problem.
One of the biggest internal design changes in the iPhone 15 Pro is the use of a titanium frame. Titanium is a strong and lightweight material, but it is also a poor conductor of heat. This means that heat generated by the phone’s internal components is less likely to be dissipated through the frame.
Another internal design change that may be contributing to overheating is the reduced heat dissipation area. Apple has reduced the size of the iPhone 15 Pro’s thermal module in order to make the phone thinner and lighter. This has resulted in less surface area for heat to dissipate.
Finally, the iPhone 15 Pro’s titanium body is also likely contributing to overheating. Titanium is a better insulator than the aluminum used in previous iPhone models. This means that heat generated by the phone’s internal components is less likely to escape through the body.
Other factors that users are reporting to contribute to iPhone 15 Pro overheating:
- Using the Instagram app
- Using a non-Apple Type-C charger
- Exposing the phone to direct sunlight
- Playing demanding games or using graphics-intensive apps for prolonged periods of time
- Running multiple apps simultaneously
What can users do to prevent their iPhone 15 Pro from overheating?
There are a few things that users can do to help prevent their iPhone 15 Pro from overheating:
- Avoid using the phone in hot environments.
- Avoid using the phone for extended periods of time while charging.
- Avoid using the phone for demanding tasks, such as gaming or video editing, while it is charging.
- Close any apps that you are not using.
- Restart your phone regularly.
- If you are using a non-Apple Type-C charger, try using an Apple charger instead.
- Avoid using the Instagram app, or use it in moderation.
- Avoid exposing the phone to direct sunlight.
If your iPhone 15 Pro does overheat, it is important to let it cool down before using it again. You can do this by turning it off and placing it in a cool, well-ventilated area.
The iPhone 15 Pro’s internal design changes, titanium body, and reduced heat dissipation area are all likely contributing to the phone’s overheating problems. Other factors that users are reporting to contribute to overheating include using the Instagram app, using a non-Apple Type-C charger, exposing the phone to direct sunlight, and playing demanding games or using graphics-intensive apps for prolonged periods of time.
Apple is reportedly working on software updates to address the overheating issue, but it is unclear how much these updates will be able to improve the phone’s thermal performance. In the meantime, users can take steps to help prevent their phone from overheating, such as avoiding using it in hot environments and closing apps that they are not using.